Sunday 4 March 2012

The weekly challenge 'owls'

There is a weekly challenge at Silhouette plus forum whereby you use the free file given by the silhouette store everyweek...this week was a lovely owl and  so i have decided to try and incorporate this challenge into my weekly schedule...i just made this one for fun

I had several different layouts but this was the one i was happiest with...a simple twisted easel card...so easy but effective. I lined my easel card with bird house paper that came free on a disc from complete cardmaking and i think it is from the nitwits collection but if im wrong then please tell me.


I then had to have something to layer the owls onto which were made with card from the papermill.co.uk...and as i had been making cards using Penny duncans domed lattice card i had some lattice ready cut (i always cut spares cause im such a clumsy worker!) i thought these would work well.


I added googly eyes with glitter glue so they shone out well.The sentiment i sketched and cut in sil software and used one of the free frames,it doubles as a stopper for the easels. The ribbon was some from my stash which originally was around a box of chocolates!


I put the sentiments on with foam pads to give it the height it needed to do its job

Thank you for looking xx
Love debby xx

No comments:

Post a Comment