Monday 4 February 2013

A Valentines..........

The Silhouette online store was having a Valentines sale and for just about a week all the Love cut files were reduced! So being a savvy crafter I went loaded with my monthly subscription and bought every heart and swirl and love file I thought I may ever need, because afterall a heart and a swirl can high light any card any time of the year...I was very reserved and only bought 30 but I could have gone for an awful lot more if I had the inclination!!

One of the files I bought was a card file, and I thought I would make it up for hubby! In the store they show it black and purple and I loved that combination! but I just had to do my own interpretation and this is the file...Design ID #15779
1/24/2011 it is a file designed by Jennifer Wambach...

I had bought a pack of card from Lidl. It is german card and it is 270gsm, and it was cheap really cheap...it was 25 sheets for £1.79 and it cuts perfectly on my cameo and embosses so beautifully with my cuttlebug that Im so glad I bought a box when I saw it!! I chose shades of brown and caramel for this card...

I cut the base from a rich chocolate brown, and the layer out of caramel. To add interest I used my Cosmic Shimmer micra powders. I used copper, gold and brown..and although Im not a good photographer you can just about see parts of the shimmer on the card.


 
 
 
 
I stuck the intricate layer on with stick and stay (the red one) from crafters companion, something I dont always do, as I usually use my xyron machine for intricate pieces but seem to be having trouble replacing the  glue roll for it. As my arms are not very good at the moment I needed an easy replacement and stick and stay worked for me.As the card was for my husband I got the good stuff out and used my swarovski chrystals so although you cant see it because I took this card outside to shoot because it is a dark cloudy day here, the card is actually very shiney and bright. The ribbon was in my stash and I bought it from a nice little old lady at a card boot last year.
 
Thank you for looking
love debby xx

No comments:

Post a Comment